JOB TITLE: Lead Pastor
REPORTS TO: Church Board
In partnership with the Deacons, the Lead Pastor will seek to understand God's vision for the church and effectively mobilize the congregation to this vision.
To ensure that a Biblically-based message of significance with life applications is delivered with excellence to the congregation each week.
He should act as a spiritual leader under God and is accountable to the church Deacon board.
* A deep and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced in daily life and exhibiting character qualities outlined in 1 Timothy 3:17, Titus 1:5-9 and 1 Peter 5:1-4.
* Exhibits personal qualities that are of the highest integrity and unquestionable honesty.
* Earnestly seeks God's will above all other possible motivations.
* Excellent communicator; visionary in leadership.
* Endorses, supports and effectively accomplishes the visionary culture of Rothsay Baptist Church.
* Possesses a spirit of unity and fellowship within the church body.
* Demonstrates a passionate, heartfelt love for people with a Christ-like concern for their spiritual, physical, mental and emotional well-being.
* Exhibits Christ's love by developing positive and encouraging relationships within the church body and community.
* Shall subscribe to and affirm the purpose and statement of faith of Converge.
* Be a member in good standing of Rothsay Baptist Church.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* Bachelors or higher degree from a respected Bible College or Evangelical Seminary.
* Licensed as an ordained minister or willing to seek ordination within the first two years of employment.
* Some experience in pastoral ministry is encouraged, especially in roles that involved preaching, teaching and visionary leadership.
* The Pastor shall preach the Gospel, administer the ordinances, supervise the teaching ministry of the church, tenderly watch over its membership and spiritual interests, and organize and develop its strength for the best possible service.
* Congregational care in partnership with the Deacons, the Pastor shall perform visitation as needed.
* The Pastor shall work closely with the Deacon Board regarding the ministry needs of the church.
* The Pastor should conduct baptism and membership classes as needed.
* Sunday Morning Worship Service and Wednesday Bible Study and Prayer are the responsibility of the Pastor to lead.
* The Pastor is ex-officio member of the music committee, nominating committee, deacon board, mission committee and Sunday School staff.
* The Pastor should work with the other church in town for community functions (i.e. Baccalaureate Service, Thanksgiving Service and Prairie Days Community Service) and any other things that come up.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
*Compensation and benefits shall be negotiated with the board.