ROTHSAY BAPTIST CHURCH
WHEN did we begin?
Our church was founded in 1882 in West Central MN.
WHERE are we located?
Conveniently located on Interstate 94, we are 36 miles from Fargo/Moorhead, 16 miles from Fergus Falls, and 66 miles from Alexandria, MN.
Our town's population is 510. We are on the Western edge of the Lakes Country and the Eastern edge of the Red River Valley Prairie. We have a new K - 12 public school. There is easy access to shopping, entertainment and employment. We are the home of the World's Largest Prairie Chicken!
WHAT's special about us?
*Affiliated with CONVERGE (Nationally) and CONVERGE NORTH CENTRAL (Regionally)
*Largely agriculturally based membership
*Family oriented church
*Most attendees actively involved in ministries through the church
*A growing emphasis and desire to reach people for Christ in the community and beyond
*Sunday attendance is approximately 65 people
*Sunday Worship is blended traditional with contemporary
*We are Missions-minded: Currently supporting five full-time missionaries (three grew up in the church)
*Short-Term Missions is important here: Trips to Russia, Ukraine, Alaska, Taiwan, Ecuador, Honduras, Guatemala
*Excellent Facilities: Church built in 1990 - versatile and handicap accessible. New 2020 Updates include: new chair seating; new whole-church electronic & audio visual package
*Modern Parsonage built in 2003: 4 bedroom, 3 bath, 3 stall garage
*Summer Schedule : Memorial Day to Labor Day - 9:00 am Family Sunday School; 9:30 am Worship Service
*September to May Schedule: 9:30 Sunday School Pre-K - Adult; 10:30 am Worship Service
*Wednesday Evening: Family Bible Study & Prayer for all ages
*First full week of August: VBS Outreach for our Church and Community children
*We cooperate with the New Life Lutheran Church doing Community Ministry events throughout the year
*We support the local ministries of: Camp Joy Christian Camping and Health Resources Pregnancy Center
*Our board consists of a Church Chairman, Deacons, Trustees, Treasurer, Financial Secretary, SS Supt & Clerk
*Currently the Lead Pastor is our only paid staff
EXTENDED DETAILS OF OUR HISTORY...
*Our Church was organized on January 21, 1882, as the Swedish Baptist Church of Oscar Township, MN
*In the Spring of 1936, the Church purchased & moved into the former Methodist Church building in Rothsay, MN
*At that time, our official name was changed to the Rothsay Baptist Church
*The old country church was torn down and used to build a parsonage in Rothsay
*The former country parsonage was moved to town, as well
*In 1990, a new building replaced the church home of 54 years
*In 2015, the current parsonage was purchased so the pastor could more easily be part of the community
*Missions is a high priority...three of the five missionaries supported by the church grew up in RBC